36% of small businesses do not have an internet presence. Chances are you fall in that category if you are reading this. So you are wondering, why do I need one? Here are 5 reasons why you need a website.
Why Have a Website for Small Business?
- Competitive Advantages – The first thing you do when searching for a company is to first see if they show up on Google. Then you check if they have a website. Chances are if they do, you click on it. People prefer a company with a website over one without because they can see first hand what you have to offer.
- Branding – In this day and age, people have an expectation for you to have a website. You might think that just because you have a Facebook page that is all you need. You are limiting your clientele. Many social media outlets have algorithms that constantly change and tying your business to one or two social media locations is a limitation. Creating a website is a way to create your brand. It gives your company a voice. With social media people are able to alter your reputation. You control the content and message of your business.
- It creates legitimacy – People want to know if you will do the job right. Having a website makes your company credible, trustworthy and reputable. They need to know you are not trying to cut corners and you will get the job done.
- Data Collection through email acquisition – A business website gives you another opportunity for data collection/lead generation. You are able to directly advertise your business to any specific client because you have their contacts.
- Increases revenue – You ecommerce will increase every year. It is a fact, having a website increases your revenue. This will be another way people can buy your product online.